Candidates who successfully complete this open-water and pool lifeguarding course will be certified to lifeguard for 2 years before needing to complete a re-certification course.
OUR 2022 LIFEGUARDING COURSE WILL TAKE PLACE ON
WE WILL BE OFFERING ORIGINAL CERTIFICATIONS, RE-CERTIFICATIONS, AND CPR CERTIFICATIONS AND RE-CERTS.
Certification Course: $430 each participant
Re-Certification Course: $250 each participant
Adult & Pediatric CPR
Certification Course: $125
Re-Certification Course: $80
June 3: class meets from 6-9pm
Review and Preliminary Testing for CPR, lifeguarding, and waterfront
June 4 and 5: class meets from 9-5
ALL Candidates Must Bring a Volunteer (family member who can swim) as their victim to be rescued in order to provide for Covid 19 precautions.
Bring lunch, snacks, water, towels, swim suit and goggles, mask, fins & snorkel, and CPR mask
*We will have some CPR masks available for purchase at $15, and whistles for $5. Please let us know if you need one.
Minimum class size of 4 students.
With fewer than 4 students the cost of lifeguarding class increases to $550 ($275 recert).
- Minimum age of 15
- Swim 550 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
- Surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet deep and retrieve a 10 pound object. Return to surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
- Swim 5 yards submerged. Retrieve 3 dive rings located 5 yards apart without surfacing.
- Resurface and swim an additional 5 yards.
© 2020 SKYHIGH Adventures