Candidates who successfully complete this open-water and pool lifeguarding course will be certified to lifeguard for 2 years before needing to complete a re-certification course.
Re-certification courses are also available each year.
OUR 2018 LIFEGUARDING COURSE WILL TAKE PLACE ON JUNE 8-10.
WE WILL BE OFFERING ORIGINAL CERTIFICATIONS, RE-CERTIFICATIONS, AND CPR CERTIFICATIONS AND RE-CERTS.
Cost for a minimum class size of 4 for Lifeguarding: $400 each participant
Cost for a small class of under 4 participants: $500 each participant
Adult and Pediatric First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification Course: $115
Recertification Course: $75
June 8: class meets from 6-9pm
Review and Preliminary Testing for CPR, lifeguarding, and waterfront
June 9 and 10: class meets from 9-5
Bring towels, swim suit and goggles, mask, fins and snorkel, and CPR mask
*We will have some CPR masks available for purchase at $10, and whistles for $5*
- Minimum age of 15
- Swim 550 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
- Surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet deep and retrieve a 10 pound object. Return to surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
- Swim 5 yards submerged. Retrieve 3 dive rings located 5 yards apart without surfacing.
- Resurface and swim an additional 5 yards.
© 2017 SKYHIGH Adventures